Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The next Dr. Visit

It was a month later and I had to go to the doctor's office to see if the cyst was gone. The baseline ultrasound was done and the cyst was still there but it had decreased in size. The doctor said it was small enough to start the IUI process. The process is done by days and day 1 is the first full day of flow. On day 1 I started taking an oral medication called Femera I took it for 5 days 2 times a day.
On day 3 I started taking an injectble medication Follistim (Follistim is used to stimulate a follicle to develop and mature) I had to take the Follistim until day 9 and then I went to the doctor's office to do another ultrasound. The ultrasound would be to check to see how many follicles I have and the size of them. The follicles holds the mature egg. The ultrasound showed that there were 9 follicles but none of them were the size they needed to be. I continued to take the Follistim for 2 more days. I went back to the doctor for another ultrasound and a blood draw. At this time the ultrasound only showed 8 follicles and only 4 of them were a mature size. The blood draw is to check my FSH level. Day 13 I did another injection called Novarel (is used to cause ovulation). Day 15 is when the insemination is going to be done my husband and I both went into the office. They collect his sperm and then the sperm is washed (Sperm washing separates sperm cells from a man’s semen, helping to get rid of dead or slow-moving sperm as well as additional chemicals that may impair fertilization). This process of washing takes about an hour. Now it is my turn the sperm is placed directly into my uterus by a flexible catheter. This only take a few minutes for 20 more minutes I lay there with my hips elevated looking at the fertility bunny on the ceiling. We wait for 2 weeks and take a pregnancy test. The test was negative.Tomorrow I am going to explain the cost of this entire procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment