Friday, July 31, 2009

The First Visit

The first visit with the fertility doctor we talked about my husband and my medical history. The doctor went over everything and told us that we have unexplained infertility because he did not see any reason why we haven’t conceived.

The doctor recommends intrauterine insemination (IUI), which is artificial insemination (I will use the abbreviations IUI when I talk about this in the future). This procedure consists of collecting sperm from my husband and then the nurse placing the sperm into my uterus. This gives the sperm a head start but it still seeks out the egg on its own.
IUI is often selected for couples who have been trying to conceive for at least a year but have no reasons for their infertility. IUI is also a less expense way of trying to conceive.
I was to call the doctors office on the first day of my menstrual cycle. I called the office and an appointment was made to come into the office for a vaginal ultrasound. A cyst was found on one of my ovaries so I ended up having to take birth control for one month which cancelled starting the IUI process. I then will call the office next month on the first day of my cycle to see if the cyst had vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment