Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Costs

Going through infertility can get very expensive. Many insurance companies do not cover this. My insurance does not. My recommendation is to talk to your insurance company and find out on each thing what is covered and what is not. For instance, I thought a semen analysis would be covered but it was not. There will be many other things throughout this journey that I could have done a better job into check costs and coverage. I am addressing this to those of you just starting out so you don't make the same mistakes as I have. I have paid too much for a prescription that I should have checked around to all my local pharmacies instead of just going to the one I always went to. I recommend that you research just how much each thing is going to cost and find out the best way to plan for this.
Infertility is very emotionally anyway and then facing the expense can be difficult. This can cause tremendous stress on a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment