Sunday, September 20, 2009

It is a wild kingdom at our house

One morning around 4 or 5 am I was going to the front door to let the dogs out. I didn’t have any lights on and I wasn’t completely awake yet but I did feel something fly across my head. So then I was awake trying to figure out what the heck just flew over me.

I heard flapping noisy and then I saw something flying around the ceiling of the dining room. It was going around and around. So by now I am a little freaked out. I turn on the lights in the dining room trying to figure it all out and I open the storm door to see if it will fly out. Of course is would not instead, it went into the kitchen. I go and wake up Aaron to tell him I think there is a bird in the house. He gets out of bed and goes through the entire house and he doesn’t see or hear anything. So he thinks that I imagine it and was sleep walking. I wasn’t but I couldn’t prove anything. So I got ready and went to work. A few hours later I get a call from Aaron. He found the “bird” that was in the house but it wasn’t a bird. It was a bat and he found it in the bathroom trash can. Here is a picture of the bat in our bathroom trash can.




2 comments:

  1. This must be the year of bats! Our cat Ginger brought us one early spring. She didn't kill it, so I had to call a bat rescue when I got her away from it. A lady drove from Brown County to get the little guy. She said he was male, young, just out of hibernation and should fully recover from the cat. She pick him up and messed with him. Freaked me out but glad she could help. Most likely he came from the barn we had just took down and he had no where to roost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay ... that would totally FREAK ME OUT. I'm not kidding, I wouldn't be able to sleep again for weeks!

    I'm such a wuss.

    ReplyDelete